We at WOW are are always on the lookout for new information, techniques and technology to better serve our patients.
This month we are introducing our newest addition: Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM).
FSM is technology that manipulates the electrical currents already existing in our bodies.
Unlike other devices that use electricity like electrical stimulation (E-Stim or TENS units), FSM utilizes a lower level of electricity not felt by the body, instead the current is used to mimic the body’s own electrical nervous system.
By employing this current, it stimulates the body’s own repair systems to activate and heal itself!
From tendon, ligament or muscle repair to concussion recovery to chronic illness, FSM is increasing your body’s own healing ability.
FSM is now used at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic to treat adults and children with a wide variety of conditions.
Below is a list of just some conditions amenable to FSM treatment (as listed in the last blog post):
- Kidney stones
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Disc injuries
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Neuromas (overgrowth and scarring to a nerve after an injury)
- Tendinopathy (inflammation and/or swelling of the tendon)
- Acute (sudden) and chronic (long-term) musculoskeletal injuries
- Acute and chronic neuropathic (nerve) pain
- Chronic fracture and bone pain
- Torticollis (the head is tilted to one side)
- Disc injuries/discogenic- and facet-based pain
- Viscerally-referred pain
- Plantar fasciitis (pain in the heel and foot)
- Sports injuries
Your doctor here at WOW will use the FSM machine to find the correct current to promote healing in the damaged cells and have you soon experiencing optimal health and performance.
Let us know if you are interested in knowing more about FSM. We’re all excited to share it with you!
Dr. Julia Keiser